The GAC's Public Safety Working Group (PSWG) focuses on aspects of ICANN’s policies and procedures that implicate the safety of the public. The PSWG was established in February 2015 at ICANN52 in Singapore as an internal working group of ICANN’s Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC). The GAC endorsed the PSWG's terms of reference in June 2015.
Co-Chairs: Alice Munyua (African Union Commission) and Cathrin Bauer-Bulst (European Commission)
|Presentation of the Domain Abuse Reporting Tool to PSWG|
|Discussion of LEA Disclosure Framework with Privacy Proxy IRT|
1. Discussion with vTLD Consortium (follow-up to presentation during ICANN 58)
|2 June 2017||GAC Endorsement of Draft Law Enforcement Disclosure Framework to be discussed with Privacy Proxy Services Implementation Review Team|
|14 April 2017|
GAC Endorsement of Draft Framework for Registries to Respond to Security Threats.
Update (1 June 2017): Draft Framework now subject to public comments until 31 July 2017
15 March 2017
14 March 2017
PSWG Work Session 2 of 2 - Slides | No recording available
13 March 2017
ICANN 58 Agenda for PSWG Members: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=po1gsiee0qn1selhh32qblfeh0%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Paris
25 and 26 January 2017
17 January 2017
|12 December 2016|
5 November 2016
ICANN 57 Hyderabad
Cross-Community High Interest Topics
4 November 2016
Agenda (updated 4 nov.) of PSWG Working Session (https://icann572016.sched.org/event/8cxB/gac-public-safety-working-group)
|20 September 2016|
Minutes of PSWG Conference Call
1. Follow-up on GAC Advice related to abuse mitigation
|20/21 May 2016||GAC Public Comments on DNS Abuse Report (Corrected version of 21 May 2016)|
|3 May 2016|
ICANN 55 Marrakech,
Tuesday 8 March, 12:30 – 14:00, Room Cristal
1. PSWG @ICANN55 - Joint Workshop of the Number Resource Organization (NRO) / Regional Internet Registries and the GAC Public Safety Working Group (PSWG) on IP WHOIS accuracy – DRAFT AGENDA
Summary: The objective of this workshop is to begin a dialogue between the GAC’s PSWG and the NRO / its five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) by exchanging information about the records of IP address assignments (“IP WHOIS”); notably how the RIRs and their members record and validate assignments and how public safety agencies use these records.
1. Joint introduction by the GAC PSWG and the NRO (GAC PSWG Co-Chair Alice Munyua, African Union and Paul Rendek, RIPE NCC) – 10 minutes
a. What is the PSWG and what does it do?
2. Overview of how public safety agencies / law enforcement use IP WHOIS (Bobbly Flaim, US Federal Bureau of Investigations) – 10-15 minutes
a. How do public safety agencies use IP WHOIS in investigations?
3. Overview of RIR and RIR members’ policies and practices concerning IP WHOIS (Leslie Nobile, ARIN) – PRESENTATION
a. What data does WHOIS include and how are records created/updated?
4. Discussion – 40-50 minutes
a. How could the PSWG help to encourage accurate IP WHOIS information data?
5. Next steps – 10 minutes
2. PSWG @ICANN55 - PSWG closed Session (WG members only) on Tuesday 8 March 2016 at 18:00 to 19:00, Location - Ametyste Room
This meeting was cancelled.
28 January 2016
PSWG meeting in Brussels
Morning sessions for PSWG members only (PSWG / GAC / law enforcement / public safety organisations)
2016 Work plan GAC Public Safety Working Group
Afternoon sessions: open to invited private sector actors
27 January 2016
RIPE NCC meeting
|PSWG members were invited to attend a RIPE NCC Roundtable Meeting for Governments and Regulators in Brussels on Wednesday, 27 January 2016.|
|21 January 2016||GAC PSWG work plan 2015-2016, endorsed on 21 January 2016 by GAC leadership | Work plan details - Summary of PSWG Dublin closed meeting|
19-20 October 2015
PSWG meetings at ICANN54
|Report on GAC Public Safety Working Group (PSWG) meeting of 19 October 2015, Dublin PDF | Word version of report | Transcript |
15:00 Introduction and Welcome: Chairs Alice Munyua and Wanawit Ahkuputra
o Roadmap for PSWG In-Capital Coordination: UK PWSG (Nick Shorey, UK GAC/PSWG)
16:25 Closing Remarks: Alice Munyua and Wanawit Ahkuputra
2. PSWG @ICANN54 - PSWG CLOSED Session (WG members only) on Monday 19 October 2015 at 17:00 to 18:30, Location - Liffey Hall 1
PSWG Work Plan: Chairs Alice Munyua and Wanawit Ahkuputra
3. PSWG @ICANN54 - PSWG Update to the GAC on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 by Co-Chair Alice Munyua at 0900-1000, Location: Liffey A
Other ICANN54 Meetings of specific relevance to the PSWG included:
15 September 2015
PSWG PDP Comments
10 September 2015
PSWG meeting in Washington, DC
|13 August 2015||GAC PSWG Public Comments to “2013 RAA WHOIS Accuracy Specification Review”|